Bed & Breakfast - Lodge
A Private Floor For You 2 Bedrooms
odge Au Château De Coyolles
Chambre Jaune / Mlle Hortense
Two Adjoining Family Rooms
A bit of History
What to do in the area ?
Pictures & Drawings
There is nothing left of the time of the Duke of Valois and the fiefdom of Queue. The "old castle" of Coyolles was entirely rebuilt in the 16th century on the site of an older building whose cellars still exist, a modern construction for the time, separated from the seigneurial farm.
The south, west and half of the north wing of the castle (except for the dovecote and the outer wall) were destroyed at the end of the 18th century or in the first half of the 19th century. In 1854, agricultural parts, stables, sheds, haylofts, more decorative than utilitarian, were built on their site.
In 1856, the architect Brouty de Saint-Quentin built the sumptuous castle on a neighbouring site.
The entrance to the castle is a "châtelet" bordered by machicolations on the front only. It is the keep of the manor house, habitable in its upper parts, which is accessed by an annex turret of the Renaissance square type.
The northwest corner tower, a curiosity due to its octagonal shape, was used as a defence and dovecote. At that time, only the lord could raise pigeons, a privilege abolished during the revolution. Only the two wings remain of the dwelling, adorned with circular turrets topped with slate pepperboxes.
In the park, an avenue of remarkable lime trees, and a driveway that leads to the two walled vegetable gardens and the orchard.